- Create new empty project in Bitbucket repository. Name: mizoine
- Create new Jira story “Mizoine – Issue tracking”
- IDE: Eclipse Oxygen
- Mylyn: Select task – Jira “Mizoine – Issue tracking”
- Project: Maven based
- Create new Maven project. Name: mizoine. Package: com.gratchev. Version: 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
- Check Maven generated all appropriate folders, etc.
- Bind project with git repository from Bitbucket
Tools used so far
Ok. Start programming
To do: Build some short “Hello world” example, but using base framework for dependency injection.
Because: No IoC – no serious project!
Start with dependency injection right away.
Base framework: Spring
No need to explain why Spring™. If one says ‘Java dependency injection’ – one means Spring™.
- Search for a “Hello world” example on spring.io.
- Found quick start sample: https://projects.spring.io/spring-framework/#quick-start
- Update pom.xml, add Spring dependency
- See it running
Base framework update: Spring Boot
Wow, there is something called ‘Spring Boot’. Looks very promising.
- Quick start sample looks even better than previous one: https://projects.spring.io/spring-boot/#quick-start
- It seems like it already provides basic web functionality
- Update pom.xml again: Sample needs not only dependencies, but parent project definition. New for me, but it works.
Commit first working program.