Scan documents, photos and everything with one button press. Copy scanned images to common file server (network attached server, NAS).
- Use simple USB scanner as network attached independent device.
- No need to use PC for scan.
- No need to install scanner drivers on all computers in home network.
- Easy to use:
- Turn on the system
- Insert paper to scan
- Press “Scan” button on scanner
- Wait until scan is done
- Find image file on file server later on
I have used following gadgets to create a scan station
- Home LAN: Router, swithches, LAN wires, etc.
Raspberry Pi RBCA000 mainboard (ARM 1176JZF-S, 512MB RAM, HDMI, 2x USB 2.0, 3,5 Watt)
1.2 Connection cables: HDMI-DVI, USB (diverse, see below), LAN Continue reading